Retail businesses continue to face fundamental challenges to remain competitive with their peers. These challenges include reaching a broader customer base, improving customer satisfaction, managing inventory turns and controlling costs while also dealing with new technologies. This all brings pressure on the security needed to prevent fraud and maintain compliance in the retail industry and, more specially, with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
Just how do you, a retailer, address security and compliance while promoting technology to enable your customers to make payments with their smartphones, for example, or how will you adapt to payment cards that have implemented near field communications (NFC)? Can you eliminate the majority of your PCI compliance scope and risk of loss by implementing Point-to-Point Encryption (P2PE)? Other trends, such as outsourcing to the Cloud and virtualizing data centers and desktops, need to be carefully reviewed and properly planned to guarantee secure and compliant implementations.
FishNet Security can provide retailers with the strategies and technical solutions to become or remain compliant with the PCI DSS. Our expert consultants have experience working with these new technologies and guiding our customers in the implementation of compliant solutions.
Retail Security Solutions
- Focuses on emerging security controls, i.e., those that are required by the introduction of technologies such as cloud computing, virtualization, point-to-point encryption and near field communications
- Provides a broad portfolio of services necessary to sustain PCI DSS compliance
- Offers access to our experienced Qualified Security Assessors, who are security and compliance experts in assisting your organization in the strategy and planning for new, secure and compliant technologies
- Offers access to our skilled consultants, who are adept at delivering real-world knowledge that protects networks and applications against fraudsters attempting to steal credit card data
- Delivers cost-effective solutions that respond to your budgetary constraints
FishNet Security has recently provided the following services to retail companies:
- PCI DSS compliance validation projects for retailers in numerous markets
- Application developer training, SDLC development and application software assessment for multi-national retailing
- Compliance strategy development for a new eCommerce system for a construction supply retailer
- PCI DSS pre-assessment and Gap Analysis for a cloud services provider
- PA-DSS software compliance validation for a major fuel dispenser manufacturer
- Application and network layer penetration testing for numerous retailers